11 November 2010

Wow, I didn't know the Conserv was so busy at 2300. I mean, I know people do practice that late, but not so many. All the piano practice rooms were filled. And why was I there so late myself, you ask? [or not] Well, Wednesdays are always packed for me, regularly. Add a Jukebox dress rehearsal and you've got a piano performance major who hasn't touched a piano all day. >.< I ended up just leaving because I didn't want to wait around for a piano and only get in 45 minutes of practicing (before they close the building, you know.) Which is why I should go to sleep early, as in now, so I can practice tomorrow morning.

Anyway, the Jukebox play is getting quite enjoyable. They're bringing out the humor much better, lines are smoother, and we've almost worked in transitions. I'll be doing lights and the curtain for the performances. And keeping props in check. And making "wine." :D I feel okay endorsing it and recommending it to people now. I guess I shouldn't have been so hasty in condemning it to failure. There's still a lot to improve on, and like I told Zann, if they had another two weeks to perfect it, it would be a splendid production. As it is now, it's quite passable, especially for an entirely student-run production.

There are some interesting characters in Jukebox. I actually joined Jukebox partly because I wanted to get to know some people outside those I normally interact with. At first I thought it wasn't going to be that way and things were awkward and I was regretting it, but now it's much better. I mean, we're not going to be super good friends or anything, but they're chill people and I have more people to say hi to. heh. Well not just hi. Anyway. I'm rambling again.

This is why my essays are never as good and to-the-point as they can be. One, I have such a hard time developing a good thesis that can support my paper, and two, my flow is terrible.

I'm writing my research paper on Schumann...won't Dr. Horn be happy. :D I just found it fascinating how he combined his musical interests with his literary talent. I'd like to know if he truly enjoyed being a music critic, or if he did it at least partly out of necessity after his hand injury.

At least the draft is due on the 22nd. This week and next are crazy. Starting tomorrow, I have Jukebox performances to run, plus extra choir rehearsals. because MAESTRO NELSON IS HERE....DUN DUN DUN. hehe. Next week is the epic event, so we have three hour rehearsals on three week days. >.< I have to miss the cast party for a rehearsal. mannn... And of course there's all the regular school stuff and work. Not to mention practicing.

But I picked a concerto for next year, which is exciting! Mozart K. 595, one of his most lyrical. Dunno if I have a real chance, esp. against superhuman pianists like RM, but hey, it's gonna be a great experience. Dr. Horn wants me to learn the whole concerto yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment