I mean, of course debriefing. But decomposing was the first word that popped into my head. so yeah.
Another busy weekend. A little crazy. And I wonder why I haven't gone out to Chicago more...I guess there's just too much to do on campus already.
Went to the talent show on Friday evening, the famed Parents' Weekend Wheaton Talent Show. Upperclassmen had told us that it was in such high demand that we had to buy our tickets the minute they came out, and we had to get in line early to get in, etc etc. So I ended up waiting outside in 30-degree weather for 1.5 hours with J and J. And our seats still weren't super duper, which was partly our own fault. But the talent show itself was worth it, I suppose. Lots of variety, and the emcees did quite an impressive job with the inter-act content.
Saturday was a Jukebox rehearsal marathon. 0900-1230, Acts I and II. Then I had to rush to the football field because Women's Chorale was singing the National Anthem at the football game. Dr. H asked me to give the pitch and I was like....uhm...oh hey, I have a mini-piano on my iTouch! She thought I had perfect pitch a couple weeks ago. xP I wonder why... After that I had to rush back to Jukebox rehearsal. Marathon day. Barely had time for lunch.
Then in the evening I had so many choices of what to do. I haven't been managing my time super-well lately. I ended up going to the soccer games for a total of an hour, in between which I managed to get in almost 2 hours of piano. Missed the band and choir concert though.
I got a text around 2130 from an unknown number asking whether I wanted to go to the Hamelin concert the next day. It turned out to be D. So I decided, quite last-minutely, to go out to Chicago on Sunday and see Hamelin in concert. Boy, was I glad I went. He's one of the best pianists in the world. More old-school, as in not performance-oriented. Such beautiful tone and control. I'm putting the Faure Nocturne on my wishlist. And of course getting to hear the Alkan performed live was a treat.
So since I was going to be in Chicago, I decided to text A and see if he wanted to get dinner. We ended up eating dinner and hanging around for two hours. He wanted to show me the fountain, but it was sadly closed and drained for the winter. We walked all the way to the Navy Pier and were silly and happy. Rode the train back by myself, gasp. I actually saw a bunch of Wheaties on the train though.
I should really go to sleep. Stayed up till 0300 yesterday to finish a BITH paper I had forgotten about. Had a marathon 5 hour Jukebox rehearsal today.
Oh, listening to Sons of Korah right now. They did chapel a couple days ago, it was amazing. Check them out! A band that specializes in the Psalms.
No comments:
Post a Comment