Today went to First Baptist. I really liked it even though many Wheaton students go there. Worship was amazing and sermon wasn't bad.
After that and saga, I went with some conservies to a nursing home to give a mini-concert and just talk to them. It's gonna be a monthly thing, and I'm excited. I didn't feel like any of my classical stuff was ready, so I decided to play "wo men ai." I'm glad it worked out. I just improvised what I remembered of the intro and played it, different octaves and all that. Good stuff. Met some cool old people - Elizabeth, Clara, Vern, George. Vern said I reminded him of his pseudo-adopted granddaughter who is apparently Chinese. And George...I talked a long time with George lol He's been a Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic, and Methodist LOL and hates the Lutheran church. Used to be a Navy dentist, during WWII. And then at the end as I was leaving, we had the following conversation (italics are my thoughts):
George: You were very interesting to talk to...
Me: whew, I'm glad I wasn't entirely boring.
George: ...and you're very good-looking...
Me: oooookaayyyy that's like the 5th time some old guy has said that to me...must be the whole exotic Asian thing
George: ....for a....
He stops. If he could look embarrassed, he would have his embarrassed face on.
Me: OH MY GAWSH did he just almost say for a Chinese?
George: well I was going to say for a Chinese girl but then I realized...oh bad me...I shouldn't say that, should I?
Me: Um...no...it's okay...this is so freakin' awkward!!!
Come to think of it, that was highly racist lol. Totally. gosh at the time I was just like, this is crazy and awkward and I don't know why I still like you people. But Vern was a dear, as was an old lady I talked to at the end whose name I forgot. I'm excited about going back.
Letters to Juliet is possibly THE most cheeseball movie EVER. Northanger Abbey is okay, except the ending is a little abrupt.
Tomorrow is Monday...more school...will it never end?
No comments:
Post a Comment