12 September 2010

12 September 2010

Another reason I started this blog is because my writing professor encouraged us to write down our thoughts and ideas as soon as they hit us, instead of waiting for a "good" time to sit down and flesh it out. Often when we reach that "good" time, we are in an entirely different mood and what comes out is totally different from our original intent. So since I'm lugging around my laptop a lot of the time now, and writing with pen and paper is slower than I like, I'm going to try this.

I attended the other Chinese church today. (I'm not going to put names so this won't show up in search engines...hopefully.) Compared to home church, the English congregation is tiny. Really sparse. But quite a few people actually came up to welcome me, and then introduce me to other people, so I actually felt like I had some sort of personal connection. And it turns out one of the seniors in my studio goes there too, so that was nice. The pastor is really young...the overall feel is very informal. I sorta felt bad for him because his entire sermon he was holding the mic. But what he said was sound, if not as insightful as Pastor Tim or Pastor Wilson. Dr. Pun found me after service and we lunched together, he prayed for me. Then chatted with some guys for a bit. I had to stay until 1500 because my ride had a meeting, so I wandered around the building, tried to hack into the sanctuary piano which was locked, and finally settled down outside to read Phantastes.

Phantastes is so far unlike any other book I've ever read. It's like a grown-up fairy tale, complete with fairies and goblins and knights and King Arthur. Crazy. Crazy good, that is. Can't wait to get enough time to finish it.

Some of the girls decided to watch The Pursuit of Happyness tonight and I decided foolishly to watch with them...but halfway through I realized I still had work to do and stopped...so I still have some homework to do right now. sigh. Really gotta work on self-control and time management. Off to read an essay for Writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment