Sitting in Starbucks for the first time this semester. On a whim I decided to join J to study. So far it's been...sort of productive. Read a bit of The Pillow Book but it was getting dull, so I answered some emails and tried to write some of my ballad. But I have to leave soon anyway, since I'm ushering for Artist Series tonight, and I have to get changed and eat dinner and all that mundane stuff.
I've been in a surprisingly good mood for the past two days. I just feel...happy. I haven't much to say except that life is full and mostly good. I still know I need to spend more time with God, though. Which is why underneath my happiness there is a twinge of something, apprehension or expectation, that I'll fall into a slump in a couple days. If I continue to revel in my self-created joy, it will soon be shown for naught.
I've had more time to think and have good conversations these past two weeks, too. Talked to K and learned more about her background over dinner the other day. I'm so excited to be suitemates with her and J next year! And so glad that we've got it figured it out.
I'm almost done with my second journal ever, started when I was 16 years, 10 months, and 24 days old. Yep, that's what I wrote in my first entry. I want to read over everything I wrote before I end it. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. Then I can move onto the beautiful journal Stevie gave me for Christmas. [I love paperblanks!]
Maybe it's because it feels like a season of beginnings that makes me feel so cheerful - springtime (even though it did flurry this morning!), new journals, new-ish class schedule. And also because I ran 2 miles today. Well, I did split into 1.5 and .5...but still.
No comments:
Post a Comment