21 March 2011

beautiful days

It's such a lovely lovely day today, here in Wheaton. It was simply too lovely to waste inside a practice room. Especially after hearing four seniors speak today in Conserv chapel about not being so focused on practicing and fine-tuning your skill to the neglect of everything else.

So I'm sitting outside in one of my favorite parts of campus. I'd thought I'd like a quieter

::edit:: so I didn't get to finish my post yesterday but I can still write in the same vein today, even though it's rainy ::edit::

...place to study, but it's actually perfect.

::edit 2:: I didn't get to finish the post yesterday either, so here I am writing about Monday... ::edit 2::

Or maybe I won't. I'll just...move on with my life. hehe.

So last night we raided our brother floor. The theme was TV, which gave us license to do pretty much anything. The idea was that the different videos would be of anything you could find on TV. So that included sports-themed stuff (ESPN's Not Top Ten), a parody of MTV's Cribs, random music video mash-ups, NCIS-turned-Never Cross 1 South, and of course commercials. I would say we all, combined, spent a total of 20 hours if not more filming around 55 minutes of footage.

It was pretty fun to just think of random funny things to film and to be involved in other people's ideas. for the NC1S spoof, Zanna and I were ninjas who had to kidnap the T7 RA. yeah...running through lower Beamer in all black with a scarf around my face...is not an experience I'll recreate anytime soon.

The part I was most involved in was the commercials, which I did with Zanna. We thought they were pretty funny, but we weren't sure if our "brand" of humor would translate to everyone else. But I got so many comments about how ridiculously awesome they were that I'm very glad. We spoofed Old Spice, Geico, Garnier Fructis, and a made-up Anger Management Pill. So. much. fun.

We had drama right up to the last minute, with the projector not being connectable to the laptops. Silly Apple. Making things that aren't compatible with the rest of the world. I don't know why, but I became techie for that...I, who am notoriously bad at messing up techie things. I think partly because of my bossy personality, so I sort of took over from Zanna (sorry, Zanna!)

Anyway, now that that's over with, I can get on with life and school. I have a B+ in Aural Skills right now, so I better work hard to bring that up to an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment