20 March 2011

one track minded

The most bizarre thing has happened. I lost my flip flops.

Now before you go saying that that's a perfectly normal happening, hear me out.

These are flip flops that I only wear inside the dorm to shower and go to the bathroom. So they've gotta be somewhere in my room or in my hall. But they're nowhere to be found.

I traced my course of action up to the last I remember of them. I showered this afternoon after I ran, so I had them as late as 1330. Just as I came into the room in my towel and flip flops, I saw my phone vibrating, and Lt Capiak was calling me. So I answered it, and during the course of the phone call I changed and sat down at my desk to open up documents. Sometime then I must have kicked the flip flops off and changed to my room slippers.

So that's that, plain and simple. I don't recollect wearing them afterwards. So did someone willfully take them?

It's very inconvenient, and I've been puzzling over it the whole evening, since 2230ish, when I discovered their disappearance. I can't shower, for goodness' sake. Well, I can, but not without a feeling of uncleanness of feet. It's so disturbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment