01 December 2010

ennui

What a captivating word. I used to think it was pronounced "ehn-noo-ee". One of those awesome French words that got transferred to the English language. It rather describes how I'm feeling right now. A bit. Perhaps a better way to say it would be divided. I just feel like I'm split up. I don't know if I belong here or back home. I think it's being CC that intensified this feeling. I have so much more keeping me home now that I feel so un-whole when I'm on campus now. I hate this feeling, hate it hate it hate it.

I need to be whole and well. It's like that line Frodo says to Sam at the end of LOTR, something about being whole and well for his family. I wonder if he did return to "whole-ness."

I had a talk about this with JA today and our conclusion is that I need more sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment