This has definitely been a week of crazy ups and downs. Every time something bad happened, something good would come up and counterbalance it. Just when I thought it was smooth again, my boat would tip and something stinky would happen.
I'm gonna go backwards because that's how I remember things. Jessina had a mini "Welcome October" party in her room today which was quite relaxing and fun. We just snacked and talked. She is absolutely wonderful. I think she felt like she had been away for too many weekends and wanted to connect with us all again.
In English today, Dr. Schreck had me read aloud my essay to the whole class. I totally wasn't expecting that. She had asked for a clean copy but I didn't know why and it didn't click. And I thought she would talk to me beforehand. Oh well. I guess I'm fine with it...it is weird reading your own work out loud to a group of people though. But I got some really good feedback. The most surprising thing was the flow. Quite a few people thought the flow of my essay was very good. I feel like my transitions were still really choppy but perhaps reading out loud, or speechifying, is different from just reading mentally.
We sang for Dr. Hopper's award ceremony today. Kaitlyn and I ended up wearing the same shade of salmon without planning it. And people actually noticed. We have a really cute picture together ^^ I'm so glad I got to be a part of that ceremony as a member of WC...maybe there are advantages to being in WC after all.
I skipped Wellness to finish writing for English. I'm glad I didn't skip Chapel though. It was a very good chapel today. Homecoming is this weekend, so lots of alumni are back. The speaker was an alumnus who is now a successful businessman, President of some company or something. He spoke on appreciating what we have here and making choices to capitalize on our time here. But it wasn't just another motivational speech; I think he was really speaking from the heart. He teared up several times while talking, like when he talked about still being single after so many years. Which is like the anti-poster boy of Wheaton grad- not a missionary, not married. But it was so good.
Finally got a better score on my theory hw. Got two Fs this week, which was the lowpoint of my week.
Another lowpoint was finding out about Mrs. Dugle. It was such a shocker. I think Schuyler is hanging in there...will just keep praying for him and Mr. Dugle.
And I found out right after our raid on our brother floor too. I was so excited and hyper after that, logged onto Facebook and found out. Could not concentrate on writing the paper.
The raid went well, I guess. I think I enjoyed it...maybe a little too intense. Good cookies.
I'm sleepy. Tomorrow we're hopefully going apple picking, if it doesn't rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment