26 February 2011

something to say

I struggle often with significance. Does what I want to say hold meaning, purpose? Does anyone want to hear what I have to say? Do I even have anything to say?

Dr. Schreck says to "write the story you need to write." (In ENGW213 - Creative Writing.) What have I to say about anything that hasn't been said already? Am I the person who needs to tell my story?

We're moving into poetry after spring break. I need to measure my words even more to make them count.

I'm going to make a list. My favorite characters always made lots of lists so I should too.

Things Serfy Thought About Throughout The Day

1. Writing - how hard it is to start, how hard it is to make the words say what I mean.
2. Thoughts - how thinking is so vital to learning but I don't have time to think significantly. Or rather, I have not trained myself to focus on significant thinking.
3. I need to practice more.
4. Am I an interesting person?
5. I consumed way too much sugar today.
6. Boys. I am being honest here! Who should I invite to the Women's Chorale banquet? Should I invite anyone?
7. Encampment stuff - staff issues, communication issues. Issues!
8. Why am I still up?

Lists are cop-outs! I am not writing anything well, or of worth. I have nothing to say.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing fine. Keep up the good work. Put God first and everything else will fall into place nicely.

    ReplyDelete