12 September 2011

on missing a friend

I thought of you today as I was walking back from practicing. I looked up in a moment of stillness and saw the glowing moon in a sumptuous everlasting sky. Puffs of deep grey cloud idled nearby. How I would love watching the stars with you. I missed you then. All the way back I thought of you. I passed a guy yakking away on his cell phone, shuffling along in socks and sandals, and I thought, you would never do that. I noticed the deep intrusive hum of the generators powering all the expensive new buildings and remembered a quiet summer evening.

 I think of you often. I catch myself at the oddest moments saying to myself, you would enjoy doing this. Or perhaps, I would enjoy doing this with you. Are those the same? I hope so.

 Perhaps it is a selfish wish, but my heart would be made so glad if you were here with me.

2 comments:

  1. I like this, Serfy. It makes sense, the affection and the wish. :Nod: <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I understand this feeling. Some days I wish I didn't understand, since it is a bittersweet sort of feeling. But other days, like today, I am glad of it.

    ReplyDelete